Download these documents for more background information:
- Aboriginal Peoples in Canada: First Nations People, Métis and Inuit – Census general stats 2016 (October 2017).
- The role of racism in the health and well-being of Indigenous peoples in Canada (2015).
- HIV in Canada: SURVEILLANCE SUMMARY TABLES 2014-2015 (Nov 2016)
- HIV AND AIDS IN CANADA SURVEILLANCE REPORT Dec 31, 2014 – split by Province, ethnicity, youth
- SUMMARY: ESTIMATES OF HIV INCIDENCE, PREVALENCE AND PROPORTION UNDIAGNOSED IN CANADA, 2014 Surveillance and Epidemiology Division, Professional Guidelines and Public Health Practice Division, Centre for Communicable Diseases and Infection Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, 2015.
- HIV/AIDS Epi Updates Chapter 8: HIV/AIDS among Aboriginal People in Canada (PDF) Public Health Agency of Canada. Summary: Estimates of HIV Incidence, Prevalence and Proportion Undiagnosed in Canada, 2014.
- United Nations. Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoplese. UNDRIP New York; 2008.
- Statement of Meaningful Engagement of Aboriginal Peoples
- Greater Involvement of People with HIV and AIDS – GIPA – Policy Brief
- The Australia Legacy
- HIV and Indigenous Populations
- Applying indigenous CBPR principles of partnership development in health disparities research
- 2010 Fact Sheet: Population Specific Report
- Population Specific HIV/AIDS Status Report (2010)- Aboriginal Peoples
- Population Specific HIV/AIDS Status Report (2013) – See page 17 for Aboriginal Excerpt
- Population Specific HIV/AIDS Epi Updates (2014)